Comcast Center: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The nation's second tallest green building, Comcast Center is a spectacular addition to the Philadelphia skyline and a welcoming new gateway to the city for tens of thousands of commuters.
Northwest corner, 17th and JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA.
Street address: 1701 JFK Boulevard or One Comcast Center and 1717 JFK Boulevard (future development)
Developer: Liberty Property Trust
Owner: Liberty/Commerz 1701 JFK Boulevard, L.P., a joint venture of CommerzLeasing und Immobilien AG (Dusseldorf, Germany) and Liberty Property Trust.
- 58-story (56 occupiable) 975’ feet high office tower
- 1,253,876 rentable square feet, inclusive of 36,500 rentable square feet of restaurant and retail space multiple three-story stacked atria on the south face of the building
- ½ acre landscaped public park
- New entrance to Suburban Station (primary commuter gateway) via dramatic 120-foot high glass-enclosed winter garden
- Expansion of Suburban Station underground retail concourse
- Dynamic lobby sculpture by world-renowned artist Jonathan Borofsky
- 400 seat concourse-level gourmet food market
- 87 space private underground parking garage
- New entrance lobby addition to historic Arch Street Presbyterian Church.
- A sustainable building design which achieved LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council in April of 2009
Timeline: Construction commenced January, 2005; initial occupancy September, 2007; grand opening June 6, 2008.
A multi-story office building with street level retail space. Timing to be determined.
Center City Video
The Judge Group